Sunday, October 9, 2011

Back to School



When I started this blog, I figured now would be a perfect time to do so, given that so much is happening in my life all at once. But for that very reason, this is also an insane time to take on the responsibility of maintaining a blog; but I will do my best.
So I’ve been MIA, because I’ve had a pretty hectic schedule lately. A lot of odds and ends to take care of and most worthy of mentioning: school’s in session! Triple time, at that!
For the past year I have been teaching an adult GED course, which is back in session for the fall semester. This semester, I have also signed up to teach an ESL class. (I figured it would help to have some classroom experience as I embark on my TESL/TEFL certification.) And finally, this weekend The Mister and I started our TESL/TEFL certification course. So between lesson planning, teaching, learning, homework, and oh yeah—working nine to five… busy doesn’t even begin to describe it.
But I’m not here to complain; there’s definitely a silver lining to all of these errands and responsibilities. As much time and energy it takes to be a teacher, I have never had a more fulfilling experience. As much as I wanted to be out enjoying the beautiful NYC weather this weekend, the skills and concepts I’m acquiring in my certification course will help me to be a better teacher here and abroad. And every errand that I run is another check on the preparations for Ghana checklist.
Speaking of errands, I’m super excited about an errand The Mister and I will be tackling tomorrow: Rings!

No comments: